Hi, FYI, this wikipedia is not yet listed on the protal
Could someone who knows Volapük put the translation for "The free encyclopedia" on http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_subtitle_translations so that I can make a proper logo for the Volapük Wikipedia? Thanks -- Nohat
I added "Sikloped libik". Jmb
"Afrikaanapük" jinon obe dobik. No binon in vödabuk ela Arie de Jong. "Frikopapük"? Flauto Dolce 03:59, 14 Feb 2004 (UTC)
HELP US MAKE THE PROJECT OF WIKIPEDIA IN ANCIENT GREEK A SUCCESS!!![redakön fonäti]
Dears editors of Wikipedia: We are the promoters of the Wikipedia in Ancient Greek. our project only need surpasse the last step to succeed. PLEASE HELP TRANSLATE THE MEDIAWIKI INTERFACE FOR ANCIENT GREEK AS THIS PROPOSAL REQUIRES!!!, for final approbation.
Thanks a lot for your help. Ἡ Οὐικιπαιδεία needs you! hh
Language Help[redakön fonäti]
Hi, sorry I do not speak in Volapük, but I want to mention that it may be good to make a kind of Language Portal for the Volapük language (in English) with Grammar and Phonetic stuff etc., because that might attract more visitors and interested people to the Volapük Portal.
Thanks a lot, Kay Lorenz
Could they please write a stub http://vo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w - just a few sentences based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w ? Only 2 -5 sentences enough. Please. Pietras1988 12:40, 10 February 2006 (UTC)
Hello, sorry for my English. Could you maybe please make an interwikilink from en:Wikipedia to your article about wikipedia, or create that article? Thanks a lot. effe iets anders 11:37, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi, I request bot flag for Le Pied-bot.
- Operator: EDUCA33E (fr bureaucrat)
- Function Summary: Interwiki link for categories (first edits made with primary account Special:Contributions/EDUCA33E)
- Function Details: pywikipedia
- Flag on : id, cs, da, en, fr, it, lb, lt, no, nn, ru, sv
Le Pied-bot 17:43, 10 mayul 2007 (UTC)
- OK, granted. --Smeira 10:31, 17 mayul 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. Cordialy, Le Pied-bot 12:05, 17 mayul 2007 (UTC)
Congratulations! 100K+ that's great! --uk:User:A1
- Thanks! There's a lot more to do though. --Smeira 22:21, 25 setul 2007 (UTC)
I can't believe Volopuk actually has more articles than the Esperanto Wikipedia despite it having tons more native speakers...
- I copied a lot of data from other Wikipedias (see my explanation here.) --Smeira 22:22, 25 setul 2007 (UTC)
- It's just a robot, the Esperanto Wikipedia does a lot more manually. The Esperanto Wikipedia has a lot more quality (and long articles) in fact. --LaPingvino
this vikipedia sucks! what's the point of a wikipedia like this? there are hardly any long articles. the one in esperanto is far more serious
- The point is explained here. I hope you'll be more polite in your future remarks (e.g. by signing your comments). I've never offended Esperanto, Esperantists or the Vikipedio; in fact, I'm an Esperantist myself (bonvolu kredi min!), and I've on occasion also contributed (anonymously) to the Vikipedio. --Smeira 20:12, 25 setul 2007 (UTC)
how long[redakön fonäti]
How long did it take you guys to learn this language? 126.96.36.199 10:50, 27 tobul 2007 (UTC)
- Talking for myself only and as a newbie, it takes just a few hours to get the grasp of the language, to know how it works and to be able to read it with the help of a dictionary. I would risk saying that after 1 or 2 weeks of serious learning you would be able to write full articles in a simple language. Check the English article on Volapük for resources. I strongly recommend Volapük Vifik (Quick Volapük). Malafaya 11:15, 27 tobul 2007 (UTC)
- I've learned to read and speak it well enough in about 2 months. The grammar is fairly simple and easy, and so can be grasped in a couple of hours, as Malafaya said; but that's not such an advantage, since most planned languages (e.g. Esperanto) are like that, too. The difficult thing about Volapük is its vocabulary. Though the basic vocabulary is fairly easy to learn, the derived words are more difficult -- especially their meaning. Often new derived words must be learned one by one, with their specified meanings, rather than being the "sum of their parts". But non-planned languages like English or German are also like that... Aside from the links Malafaya gave you, I'd also recommend the Introduction to Volapük at the Volapük Wikibooks; it's a concise description of the grammar, and should help as an overview. --Smeira 16:47, 3 novul 2007 (UTC)
Are there any other quality resources you recommend for learning Volapük? Are there any books available, or are all the resources available online? Where can one find an English or Esperanto or Swedish dictionary? [Geban:Saavedrah|Saavedrah]
- You can help develop Vükiped:Volapük stabik (brefod: VP:VOLAPUK). Hillgentleman 18:00, 2008 yanul 13id (UTC)
Volapük translation[redakön fonäti]
Hello, i'm want to know if anyone could traduce me the following sentence into volapük, but the grammatical erors must be preserved. If you find this to stupid or not serious, well just tell it and i'll not insist anymore. --188.8.131.52 11:46, 2008 gustul 2id (UTC)
- « In A.D. 2101
- War was beginning.
- Captain: What happen ?
- Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
- Operator: We get signal.
- Captain: What !
- Operator: Main screen turn on.
- Captain: It's you !!
- Cats: How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction.
- Captain: What you say !!
- Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha Ha Ha Ha ...
- Operator: Captain !!
- Captain: Take off every 'Zig' !! You know what you doing. Move 'Zig'. For great justice. »
- Hello. Here's my translation -- mistakes & all -- of this famous scene. I couldn't find a word for "base" in my dictionaries, so I've used "ledunöp" (big-place of doing things). Malafaya and/or Smeira might have comments/suggestions about this.
- Tü 2101
- Krig äprimon.
- Kapiten: Kio jenön-li ?
- Mufavan: Ek äsedon lü obes boumi.
- Tölatan: Getobs malet.
- Kapiten: Kion !
- Tölatan: Jonet cifik binon pakvänöl.
- Kapiten: Binon ol !!
- CATS: Glidis, o söls !! Ledunöp valik olas binons dutön jü obs. Binols su veg äl distuk.
- Kapiten: Kisi sagol !!
- CATS: Labols pöti nonik ad lailifön mekü tim olas. Ha Ha Ha Ha ...
- Tölatan: O Kapiten !!
- Kapiten: Löpikonöd el ZIG al !! Nolol uti, kio dunol. Topätükolöd eli ZIG. Pro gid gretik.
- Robert 14:44, 2008 dekul 4id (UTC)
http:// www.rushessay.com/ custom essay http:// researchpaperz.net/academic-writer academic writer
- What's the purpose of those two links? I certainly didn't add them. Robert 20:39, 2010 prilul 20id (UTC)
- Those are spam links; I've disabled them (by inserting a space between the "http://" and the rest of the link address. --A. B. 02:58, 2010 mayul 17id (UTC)
How did you learn this language?[redakön fonäti]
My question is: how and where did you learn this language? Lhgergo 14:51, 2008 dekul 29id (UTC)
- See the previous question "how long" ;-) Robert 16:44, 2008 dekul 29id (UTC)
So have you learned Volapük with Vifik? Lhgergo 17:57, 2008 dekul 29id (UTC)
- Yep, that was one of the first places I went. It doesn't contain everything you need to know (it doesn't claim to) but it's a good springboard into the language. Robert 19:54, 2008 dekul 29id (UTC)
Thanks. My last question: is it use to learn Volapük? Is it true that there are only 20-30 speakers? Lhgergo 12:52, 2008 dekul 30id (UTC)
- What's the use of a newborn baby? :-) If you want success in the world and money, don't learn Volapük, you won't get it. If you want fun with a language that is at the same time familiar but also very different from other European languages, then give it a try! As for speakers, the number 20-30 is based (I think) on the number of open Volapükists -- those who subscribe to the Volapük newsletter, or are registered in the Yahoo group Volapük. There may be more people who learned the language but who do not interact with others. Smeira
Thank you for the help. If I have enogh time I will start learning Volapük. Lhgergo 13:56, 2008 dekul 30id (UTC)
replacement file @Commons[redakön fonäti]
Wikipedia in Tatar[redakön fonäti]
Dear friends, may I ask you to add a hyperlink to our Tatar Wikipedia (http://tt.wikipedia.org) to yourr Front page. Tatars - are turkic nation living in Tatarstan Republic, second biggest nation in Russian Federation. hope to hear from you soon. sincerely yours, Muhtac 17:19, 2011 mäzul 20id (UTC)
Ŝanĝu ligilon en la ĉefpaĝo[redakön fonäti]
Saluton, bonvolu en la bonveniga frazo en la ĉefpaĝo ŝanĝi la ligilon en "Benokömö ini Vükiped" tiel ke ĝi montru al la volapuka artikolo (do Vükiped) kaj ne al la anglalingva artikolo (Wikipedia) kiel nun. Ja estas tute nelogike ke la unua ligilo, kiun vizitanto vidas en volapuka teksto, tamen estas fakte interlingva ligilo kaj direktas al anglalingva artikolo en vikipedio tute alia. Mi ŝanĝus tion mem, sed mi ne povas, ĉar mi ne estas administranto. Dankon! Blahma (talk) 16:25, 2012 tobul 31id (UTC)
Error on main page[redakön fonäti]
On the English Wikipedia, we started a project called TAFI. Each week we identify underdeveloped articles that require improvement. Our goal is to use widespread collaborative editing to improve articles to Good article, Featured article or Featured list quality over a short time frame.
This is all about improving important articles in a collaborative manner, and also inspiring readers of Wikipedia to also try editing. We think it is a very important and interesting idea that will make Wikipedia a better place to work. It has been very successful so far, and the concept has spread to the Hindi Wikipedia where it has been well received.
We wanted to know if your Wikipedia was interested in setting up its own version of TAFI. Please contact us on our talk page or here if you are interested.--Coin945 (talk) 17:48, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
Gebans anuik.[redakön fonäti]
- Srpskohrvatski into volapük also (linglänapüko, Serbocroatian) Thanks again.--Je7roi (bespik) 03:04, 2018 mäzul 27id (UTC)
Jugoslavija - Sulüda-Slavän, Srpskohrvatski - (pük) Särbäna-Kroasänik. Bevüresodapads gudikum pro säks somik binons: grup ela ‘Yahoo’ (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/volapuk/info), grup ela ‘Facebook’ (https://www.facebook.com/groups/volapukalised/).